Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's been a while

I wonder how many blogs die out entirely after a couple posts.

So a lot has changed in the time since I last wrote.

I lost my job in April 2010 - I was in banking - and was out of work for 10 months. I started working again in March of 2011, and I love what I do, though my hours are ridiculous. My son told his teacher a few weeks back "Daddy only comes home on the weekends" these days. But paying bills is nice though.

I stopped playing WoW. I belong to what was a big, talented 25-man raiding guild (we've been top 2 or 3 on our server many times throughout the long history of the guild). I am not a raider myself, I got in under "Friends and Family" as this is the guild that Shides built. Anyway, the guild imploded when Cataclysm killed 25 man raiding, and all of the people I enjoyed playing with and socializing with in game all quit. I had no motivation to play, and no one to hang out with in game. More importantly though, my available play time just completely evaporated; I went from having literally 20 hours a week available to play down to about 5 hours. All things considered, I just didn't have it in me, and I quit. I picked it up here and there (I got a new video card and wanted to see what WoW looked like), but I really stopped playing in April 2011.

And then I started again.

I don't know what inspired me, but I started playing again at the end of November. I miss the social aspect of the game - while I know the 10-man raid team that has still been playing this whole time, they're not really friends - but to be honest I get to do my own thing and no one bothers me. I run some dailies in the morning, so maybe 30 minutes or so, and then I typically play from 9 to 11 at night. Most nights, but not every night. I've done a lot on the last few weeks. I got 3 more toons to Level 85, I've maxed about a few crafting professions (Leatherworking, Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Inscription), and I have a couple fairly well-geared toons. I've been doing a lot of PvP on my death knight, the gear is beautiful. I enjoy the game, and all of my goals are self-imposed. I am not going to get into a position where I am going to actually progress in the game - I'm simply not dedicated enough to make the necessary sacrifices - but I have found a number of ways to be able to enjoy the game in my own way.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment